The process for preparing and amending a Management Plan is set out in detail in the Commissioner for Kangaroo Island Act, however the process involves:
- Developing a draft proposal;
- Seeking approval of the draft proposal by the Governor;
- Seeking views on the draft proposal by the responsible Ministers and other prescribed parties;
- Seeking the views on the draft proposal of the Kangaroo Island Council if affected by the proposal;
- Inviting comment on the draft proposal by the public; and
- Considering the above views and comments in the revision of the proposal before to final approval by the Governor.
View the Information paper on Preparing Management Plans Under the Commissioner for Kangaroo Island Act (PDF, 656 KB) for more information on management plans.