About Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island, situated off the coast of South Australia, is unique in terms of its pristine environment, abundance of native wildlife and spectacular natural attractions, making it the jewel in the crown for the State's tourism and premium, fresh local food and wines.
The Commissioner for Kangaroo Island will focus her work on a number of projects that have been identified as crucial to delivering lasting prosperity and benefits to Kangaroo Island residents.
Some of these projects will lead to improvements in the short term, while others will take longer for the benefits to be fully realised.
Final Annual Report for the Office of the Commissioner for Kangaroo Island
Tuesday, 12 November 2019
Annual Report 2018 - 2019
31 October 2019
The Commissioner for Kangaroo Island, Wendy Campana, has released her Annual Report for the 2018-2019 year.
This comprehensive report documents the key activities of the Commissioner’s office during the previous financial year, in carrying out her functions under the Commissioner for Kangaroo Island Act.
The Commissioner’s statutory functions include:
- Improving the delivery of government services and infrastructure;
- Providing assistance to businesses and individuals in dealing with government agencies;
- Assisting to improve the local economy.
Key features of the report include:
- Financial and project management support to the Building Better Regions Fund programs with total project funding $537,324 and interactions with over 585 participants and 269 businesses.
- Support for industry association mergers.
- Research funds for visitor information, KI Brand, TOMM, feral pigs, workforce planning, black spots and agriculture production
- Support for work associated to community and affordable housing via the KI Housing Management Plan adopted under the Act
The Annual Report also outlines the manner in which the office has assisted residents and businesses to deal with government agencies and highlights 490 meetings attended by the Wendy and her staff and events where 157 persons participated – outside of events conducted through programs jointly provided with industry associations and other bodies.
The Report specifically recognises and thanks OCKI staff Jennifer Trethewey (Office Manager) and the past support from Cate Stanford. It also thanks Minister Knoll and his Chief of Staff, Sarah Taylor, for their guidance and support during the year.
This Annual Report provides a summary of the activities undertaken by the Commissioner’s office, particularly during this time of transition.
The report can be found on the Office of the Commissioner for Kangaroo Island website.